Creative Washtenaw members support its mission to champion the arts + creative industries in Washtenaw County, MI to ensure that the greater Ann Arbor area remains a great place to create, live, work, learn, play and visit.
Creative Washtenaw serves Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester, Milan, Saline, Whitmore Lake and Ypsilanti, plus the 21 townships in the county.
It is committed to forever evolving and learning about diversity, equity and inclusion. That includes leaning in to listen to how its community defines the intrinsic and aesthetic qualities of art and creativity be it by the cultural expert, the credentialed scholar, the journeyed or self-taught master and/or the astute consumer of the form.
The intrinsic and aesthetic values of art and creativity are determining factors of success for its members and constituents.
- Artists, creative workers, organizations, businesses, educational and government entities.
- Professionals, amateurs, students and industry experts leading the sector locally, nationally and internationally.
- Have creative practices, own creative businesses and hold creative jobs in profit, nonprofit, educational and government entities
- Produce creative goods, services and programs for county residents, visitors and personal fulfillment.
Ally members and sponsors
- Individuals, organizations, businesses, foundations and government agencies.
- Place a high value on the arts + creative industries in Washtenaw County.
- Frequent arts and cultural events.
- Believe every child should have equitable access to high quality, consistent, sequential and standards-based education through the arts, culture, design and creativity.
- Have a preference for hand-crafted goods, well-designed and aesthetically interesting environments.
- Appreciate that 21st century businesses and their employees seek to live in vibrant, authentic communities.
We deeply appreciate and thank all our members for the foresight, lift and encouragement they extend to Creative Washtenaw through their support and patronage.
- Joining together as Creative Washtenaw to fortify and promote the local arts + creative industries.
- Striving for every community resident to have equitable access and the ability to benefit from arts and creative assets.
- Investing in community quality of life, place and economic stability.
- Doubling their membership gifts! Every dollar is applied to the $39,500 match Creative Washtenaw must meet to earn its MCACA general operating and regranting administration grants.
- Filling the gap. Membership equals 25% of Creative Washtenaw's budget - critical funds that pay the costs of doing business.