Members Move the Creative Agenda Forward
Champion, Support and Advocate the Arts + Creative Industries
The Arts Alliance members are the best!
Members of The Arts Alliance support its mission to champion the arts + creative industries in Washtenaw County, MI to ensure that the greater Ann Arbor area remains a great place to create, live, work, learn, play and visit.
The Arts Alliance serves Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester, Milan, Saline, Whitmore Lake and Ypsilanti, plus the 21 townships in the county.
It is committed to forever evolving and learning about diversity, equity and inclusion. That includes leaning in to listen to how its community defines the intrinsic and aesthetic qualities of art and creativity be it by the cultural expert, the credentialed scholar, the journeyed or self-taught master and/or the astute consumer of the form.
The intrinsic and aesthetic values of art and creativity are determining factors of success for its members and constituents.
– Artists, creative workers, organizations, businesses, educational and government entities.
– Professionals, amateurs, students and industry experts leading the sector locally, nationally and internationally.
– Have creative practices, own creative businesses and hold creative jobs in profit, nonprofit, educational and government entities
– Produce creative goods, services and programs for county residents, visitors and personal fulfillment.
Individuals, organizations and businesses who place a high value on the arts + creative industries in Washtenaw County. They frequent arts and cultural events, value arts and creative education, have a preference for hand-crafted goods and appreciate that 21st century businesses and their employees seek to live in vibrant, authentic communities. The Arts Alliance deeply appreciates its Ally members for their foresight and the lift and encouragement they extend to creative people and businesses through their support and patronage.
We thank our members for…
- Joining together as Creative Washtenaw to fortify and promote the local arts + creative industries.
- Striving for every community resident to have equitable access and the ability to benefit from arts and creative assets.
- Investing in community quality of life, place and economic stability.
- Doubling their membership gifts! Every dollar is applied to the $39,500 match The Arts Alliance must meet to earn its MCACA general operating and regranting administration grants.
- Filling the gap. Membership equals 25% of The Arts Alliance’s budget – critical funds that pay the costs of doing business.
The Arts + Creative Industries
The intrinsic and aesthetic values of art and creativity are essential and the highest determining factors of success for these individual practitioners, for profit, nonprofit, educational and government entities.
- Advertising & promotion
- Architecture: building, landscape, urban & regional planning, marine & naval, etc.
- Art schools, art teachers, artists & agents
- Art therapy, rehabilitation and healing
- Creative technology: app design, game design, web design, etc.
- Culture & heritage: preservation, centers and museums
- Design: display, exhibition, graphic, industrial, interior, multimedia, packaging, product, visual communication user interface design, etc.
- Fashion: design, garments, textiles, footwear, lifestyle & accessories
- Film, audio visual & broadcasting
- Literary, publishing & print
- Music & recording
- Museums: art, cultural, heritage, history & science
- Research & Development: the pursuit of models, methods, formulas and products of unusual value
- Science & nature centers
- Performing arts: dance, music, multidisciplinary, theater, etc.
- Visual arts: artisan-crafts, painting, sculpting, photography, etc.
We are happy to extend a few benefits to you, too…
- Two-for-one event posts in the Ann Arbor Observer and The Arts Alliance. Members follow these event posting instructions to use this benefit.
- Post jobs, internships, announcements and more. Use The Art Alliance’s submission link: https://a3arts.org/submission-form-for-e-newsletterwebsite/
- Social media shout outs to thousands of followers. We love to like, share, mention and retweet our members’ posts. Make it easier for us: YOU have to like and follow The Arts Alliance FIRST on Facebook and Twitter.
- Star in the Arts + Creative Industries Guide. Did you know all that information we asked you would be published in a guide that reached thousands of residents and visitors throughout the greater Washtenaw County area? Well it is! Look for this year’s guide at your local café or arts space – let us know if we missed a spot.
- Hang out with the happening crowd at Creative Washtenaw Happy Hour (CWHH). Put a hold in your calendar for the last Wednesday of every month from 4:30 – 6:00 for CWHH! This is an-easy-no-set-agenda monthly happening for everyone creating, working and/or playing in the arts, creative and cultural organizations and businesses in Washtenaw County. Get more info here.
- creative:impact on WEMU 89.1 FM – recommend guests! This is the 10-minute weekly radio segment Deb Polich, director of The Arts Alliance, co-hosts with David Fair during Morning Edition on Tuesday at 7:49 a.m. and 9:49 a.m. It features the creative people and business that make Washtenaw one of the most vibrant creative hubs in the state. Know anyone who should be a guest creative:impact? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special discounts and promotional opportunities. There is always a members discount for ads or ticket price for events like THE pARTy!