Exclusive products, performances, programs, services and workshops
by artists, creative workers, organizations and businesses
in the greater Ann Arbor area: a vibrant arts + creative industry hub
Sell Now – Deliver When It’s Time
The CREATIVE WASHTENAW Marketplace is an online local sales site exclusively for artisans and creative businesses in the greater Ann Arbor area and members of The Arts Alliance to sell works of arts, performances, workshops and services.
Compelled to create and connect to an audience, artists and creatives also have to pay their bills.
While the COVID-19 pandemic had the power to ghost audiences and extinguish revenues, the virus did not have the force to slay creativity, invention or innovation. The spirit of “co-opetition” among local artists, creative workers and cultural businesses, flamed by the need to generate revenue, has inspired the Creative Washtenaw Marketplace.
An Imaginative and Innovative Marketplace
We can’t wait to see the fabulous items listed. Is it already in a portfolio or something wonderfully new too perfect for someone to pass by? There are no limits to creativity! Here are some of the ideas:
- Creative products: artworks, a small wall mural, a week’s worth of designer face masks, garden sculpture, designing of green screens for video conferencing, gift cards, advance tickets, an exclusive visit to a studio, etc.
- Performing arts: a performance, dance lessons or a DJ at block party or a dinner party in the future; a commissioned song or a poem written and/or performed via Zoom for a birthday or special event; storytelling; or an exclusive visit to a recording session or rehearsal, etc.
- Services: hanging or framing artwork; graphic design; historic research on a home or site; video archiving and exclusive opportunities, etc.
- Workshops and classes: online lessons for the kids or family, artist residencies, corporate workshops, art therapy, stress reducers, joy enhancers, movement classes, etc.
Delivery – Some items now, others later
Great communication and trust between buyer and seller is of paramount importance to the marketplace, especially deciding when, where and how to deliver. Some items are going to be ready right away and others require arrangements between the buyer and the seller.
For example, safe curbside pickup, drop off or post can be arranged for most artworks. An in-person performance would require discussion and most likely need to be “pre-sold” similar to a live event ticket. Once physical distancing regulations allow, a date can be set finalized.
By locals for locals to buy
Vendors and buyers are neighbors and community members. They value the art, craft, performance, programs and services created locally and want to retain the rich arts and cultural vibrancy that makes our region a great place to create, life, work, play and visit.
Creative Washtenaw Marketplace has no model. It’s a real-time experiment and we expect a few do-overs. We will need your feedback. Thanks to everyone on the research and development team: our vendors and buyers!
Creative Washtenaw Market is reserved for artisans, creatives, performers, cultural organizations and businesses that meet one or both of these requirements:
- Washtenaw County must be place of residence, work or the location of the business or organization.
- Be a current creative member of The Arts Alliance, regardless of residence or location.
Vendor Registration & Fees
Members of The Arts Alliance
– no registration fee
– 85/15 Commissions split after taxes and bank fees: 85% to seller and 15% to The Arts Alliance
Not a member of The Arts Alliance*
– $25 annual registration fee
– 80/20 Commission split after taxes and bank fees: 80% to the seller and 20% to The Arts Alliance
*Once seller becomes a member of The Arts Alliance, the split drops to 85/15.
Vendor Registration is Open!
Still have questions or need more information?
Contact The Arts Alliance: email@example.com | 734-213-2733