Members Move the Arts + Creative Industries Agenda Forward in Washtenaw County
Members of The Arts Alliance support its mission to champion the arts & creative industries in Washtenaw County, MI—arts and creative individuals, organizations and businesses—to ensure that the greater Ann Arbor region remains a great place to create, live, work, learn, play and visit.
The Arts Alliance is a leader, persuading community leaders and stakeholders of the importance of arts and creativity in Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester, Milan, Saline and Ypsilanti, plus 21 townships in the county.
- Creative Individuals – People who self-identify as artists and creatives or who work in the creative industries.
- Creative Businesses – Arts, cultural and heritage organizations and creative businesses – nonprofit and for profit.
- Ally Members / Creative Champions – Individuals or businesses that invest in the work and efforts of The Arts Alliance to advocate for, support and promote the arts and creative industries in Washtenaw County.
The Arts Alliance Members are the best! Thanks for…
- Supporting, facilitating, advocating, communicating, educating and celebrating for and with Creative Washtenaw: creative individuals, nonprofit and for profit businesses and government agencies for whom the intrinsic and aesthetic values of art and creativity are essential and the highest determining factors of success.
- Doubling your membership gift! It is applied to and meets the $39,500 The Arts Alliance must match to earn its MCACA general operating and regranting administration grants.
- Helping fill the gap. Membership equals 25% of The Arts Alliance’s budget – critical funds that cover the costs of doing business.
Are you on the list?
- Advertising & promotion
- Architecture: building, landscape, urban & regional planning, marine & naval, etc.
- Art schools, art teachers, artists & agents
- Art therapy, rehabilitation and healing
- Creative technology: app design, game design, web design, etc.
- Culture & heritage: preservation, centers, museums
- Design: display, exhibition, graphic, industrial, interior, multimedia, packaging, product, visual communication user interface design, etc.
- Fashion: design, garments, textiles, footwear, lifestyle & accessories
- Film, audio visual & broadcasting
- Literary, publishing & print
- Music & recording
- Museums: art, cultural, heritage, history & science
- Research & Development: the pursuit of models, methods, formulas and products of unusual value
- Science & nature centers
- Performing arts: dance, music, multidisciplinary, theater, etc.
- Visual arts: artisan-crafts, painting, sculpting, photography, etc.
We are happy to extend a few benefits to you, too…
YouCalendar posts in the Ann Arbor Observer and our e-Newsletter. The Arts Alliance gives you a two-for-one. Post your events with the Ann Arbor Observer and The Arts Alliance will feature them for its e-Newsletter.
- Post jobs, internships, announcements and more. Use The Art Alliance’s submission link: https://a3arts.org/submission-form-for-e-newsletterwebsite/
- Receive shout outs on social media. We love to like, share, mention and retweet our members’ posts. YOU have to like and follow The Arts Alliance FIRST on Facebook and Twitter.
- YOU are the stars of the Arts + Creative Industries Guide – Did you know all that information we asked you would be published in a guide that reached thousands of residents and visitors throughout the greater Washtenaw County area? Well it is! Look for this year’s guide at your local café or arts space – let us know if we missed a spot.
- Receive special discounts and promotional opportunities at The Arts Alliance’s events like THE pARTy!
- Hang out with other creatives at Creative Washtenaw Happy Hour. Put a hold in your calendar for the last Wednesday of every month from 4:30 – 6:30 for CWHH! This is an-easy-no-set-agenda monthly happening for everyone who creating, working and/or playing in the arts, creative and cultural organizations and businesses in Washtenaw County. Get more info here.
- Recommend guests for “creative:impact.”: This is the 10-minute weekly radio segment Deb Polich, director of The Arts Alliance, co-hosts with David Fair on WEMU 89.1 FM on Tuesday mornings at 7:49 a.m. and 9:49 a.m. The show tells the story of the creative people and industry experts who live, have creative practices and jobs, own creative businesses and lead the sector locally, nationally and internationally while choosing to live in Washtenaw County. Know anyone who should be on creative:impact? Write to email@example.com.
- Connect with communicators. Whether you are a seasoned communications professional or new to the field, Creative Washtenaw CommCon is for everyone navigating the ever-changing marketing and media environment. A service of The Arts Alliance, inspired by its members, this program will offer the latest marketing and media trends and techniques. Join us!